C All works are copyrighted. All rights are reserved including reproduction rights.
Monday, September 19, 2016
Tips for Collectors:
(1) First tip, buy what you like and what you feel you can afford.
(2) Second tip, know the artist personally if possible and read his/her biography.
(3) Third tip, research the market and find out generally speaking, what the range of the artist's works
have been selling for to the pubic, and at auction.
(4) Keep good records on each acquisition such as Artist, Date rendered, Purchase Price, Size of the
art work, Media (oil, watercolor, pastel, mixed media, acrylic, sculpture, etc.), and ground such
as board, canvas, metal, wood, marble base, etc.)
(5) Record sales, if they occur of the buyer's name, address, and the amout of the sale. You should
provide the buyer with a "Bill of Sale" describing the work of art and keep a copy for your own
C All works are copyrighted. All rights are reserved including reproduction rights. Go to www.hellohuntsville.com/Art/artbyliztm for a video presentation.
Posted by Elizabeth A. Gawronski at 6:38 PM